This Palpatine action figure was released in
2006 in The Saga Collection.
Hasbro gave the figure seven joints and included
five accessories (walking stick, 2 blue force lightning attachments, stand, random holographic figure).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the figure:
- Emperor Palpatine (Battle Of Endor) was released individually carded
- The figure is a slight re-work of the previously released Emperor Palpatine figure from 2003
- Besides a slightly updated paint application, this time around Hasbro added a small hole in the right palm where the walking stick can be plugged in
- The head can't be turned at all
- Palpatine's plastic cloak and hood are not removable
- The two short force lightning effects can be attached to both wrists
- The figure is sculpted nicely, but the hood is much, much too big
- Emperor Palpatine has no balancing issues and won't require the included display stand
The articulation details are as follows: 2 ball-jointed shoulders, 2 swivel wrists, swivel waist, 2 swivel ankles
A powerful and diabolical Dark Lord of the Sith, Emperor Palpatine very nearly succeeded in turning young Skywalker to the dark side of the Force. It was his focus on Luke, however, that caused him to miss the doubt growing within his original apprentice, Darth Vader. So confident was he of victory that he engineered his own destruction at Vader's hand.