This Darth Vader action figure was released in
2013 in The Black Series.
Hasbro gave the figure 14 points of articulation and included
six accessories (han solo's blaster, outer soft-goods robe, inner soft-goods robe, extra right hand, blast effect, red lightsaber).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Sith:
- Darth Vader was released individually carded
- The figure is very scene specific and is based on the "Dinner Scene" on Bespin
- Vader's outer soft-goods robe is removable
- The blaster attaches nicely to the right hand in just about the correct angle the way Vader caught Han Solo's blaster (nice!)
- There is no magnet in the hand, so the blaster needs to be placed into the hand well
- The right hand can be exchanged with an extra right hand
- The extra right hand has a hole in it, where the blast effect can be plugged in, which works well
- Han Solo's blaster is nicely sculpted and painted (it even has a brown/wodden grip!)
- The figure can hold the lightsaber only in the left hand
- The chest armor is glued in place in the front, but it can be unplugged in the back (this way the inner soft-goods robe can be pulled off the figure, which doesn't make much sense)
- Darth Vader has no balancing issues and displays beautifully without needing help from a display stand
The articulation details are as follows: swivel neck, 2 ball-jointed shoulders, 2 ball-jointed elbows, 2 swivel forearms, swivel waist, 2 swivel legs, 2 ball-jointed knees, 2 ball-jointed ankles
The Evil Sith Lord Darth Vader captures the rebel heroes when they arrive at Bespin's Cloud City.