This Biggs Darklighter action figure was released in
2013 in The Black Series.
Hasbro gave the figure 14 points of articulation and included
two accessories (blaster, helmet).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the figure:
- Biggs Darklighter was released individually carded
- This version of Biggs is different from all other Biggs Darklighter figures released before 2013
- The head sculpt is new and looks OK
- The helmet is different from the 2007 version, the plastic it's made out of is sturdier, but it's now missing details such as the microphone going towards the mouth (a detail which was present on the 2007 Biggs Darklighter figure)
- The helmet is still too short in the back, but when you press it down hard onto the head, the visor will cover the eyes and the chin strap will fit onto the chin (nice!)
- The blaster fits well into both hands
- The cable going from the chest box into the flight suit is removable from the suit
- The harness is permanently attached
- Biggs stands nicely on display without needing help from a display stand
- Unfortunately, the figure has no scuffs, dirt or battle markings on the helmet or the pilot suit
- Out of all the figures Hasbro could have updated sculpt-wise, Biggs feels like an odd choice
The articulation details are as follows: ball-jointed neck, 2 ball-jointed shoulders, 2 ball-jointed elbows, 2 swivel wrists, ball-jointed waist, 2 swivel legs, 2 ball-jointed knees, 2 ball-jointed ankles
Rebel hero and X-Wing pilot Biggs Darklighter battles imperial Tie Fighters during the assault on the first Death Star.