This Destroyer Droid action figure was released in
2012 in the Discover The Force toy line.
It was exclusively available at Walmart.
Hasbro gave the figure eleven joints and included
three accessories (2 red blast-effects, half-way energy shield).
Here is what we noticed when we took a closer look at the Droid:
- This version of the Destroyer Droid is a repaint of the previously released Destroyer Droid from the 30th Anniversary Collection from 2007
- The energy shield included covers only half the droid, in order to complete it, you had to purchase two droids
- This time around the energy shield is kept in a see-through, translucent blue
- Despite the energy shield being more "see-through", it's still difficult to actually see the droid in it
- Unfortunately, the energy shield is still a bit too small, and the Destroyer Droid needs to be "squeezed" into the full energy shield
- The red blast-effect pieces attach OK to the front cannons of the droid
- The legs can be adjusted very well to give the droid a wider stance, which eliminiates balancing issues
- There are no hidden panels or gadgets built-in
- It's not possible to fold-up the droid into a "rolling position"
The articulation details are as follows: swivel neck, 2 swivel shoulders, 2 swivel forearms, 3 swivel legs, 3 swivel knees
Destroyer Droids charge into battle on Naboo. Also known as Droidekas,
these deadly droids roll into position then spring open to reveal weapon-lader arms. The Gungans and the Jedi fight them during the Invasion of Naboo.