Discover The Force Figures from Battle Packs
The 2012 Discover The Force Summary
- To celebrate the release of The Phantom Menace in 3D in movie theaters, Hasbro released 12 Star Wars figures individually carded on January 30, 2012, which were exclusively available at Walmart stores in the United States.
- All the figures were based on The Phantom Menace and each figure came with 3D glasses and a special 3D picture on the back of the card.
- The entire wave was a mix of new figures and repacks.
- Additionally, there were two battle packs available, one which included four astromech droids titled "Royal Starship Droids" and one which contained five figures from the "Mos Espa Arena".
- All the figure were easy to find throughout 2012. Even more popular figures such as the astromech droids were still available on the Walmart website during the 2012 holiday season.
- Four of the individually packaged twelve figures were later re-released in The Vintage Collection (Aurra Sing, Naboo Pilot, Gungan Warrior and Mawhonic)
Discover The Force stand, die and game card
Each figure came with its own black stand, a black die and a Galactic Battle game card. The game card featured a picture of the character on the front and game related points on the back. The stands had a slot in the back where a game card could be placed in.
Discover The Force Packaging
Discover The Force Display from January/February 2012
Overall, the Discover The Force sub-line was fun, especially the astromech droid battle pack! The line offered some all new figures, some good repaints and some re-releases of popular characters.