2012 Movie Heroes Battle Pack Figures
2012 Movie Heroes 2-packs (Target exclusives)
2012 Movie Heroes Figures with Class I vehicles
2012 Movie Heroes Figures with Class III vehicles
The 2012 Movie Heroes Summary
- The 2012 Movie Heroes Collection was launched in the United States officially on January 30th 2012, but some of the action figures could be found on retail shelves a few weeks before the official release date.
- The packaging style, which showed Darth Maul and featured a red and dark blue color scheme, was the same as the Clone Wars Collection o create "one theme" on store shelves.
- The Movie Heroes line was aimed at children, and the figures had action features such as light-up lightsabers, weapons with projectiles or some sort of "spinning action".
- At first, the line wasn't received well by collectors, because Hasbro only re-released older figures in it. However, it was mainly the basic figure assortment which left many people scratching their heads. Multipacks and other exclusives were very well receceived, such as the Biker Scout with Speeder Bike, or the Ewok and Yavin Pilots 5-packs.
- Hasbro had major distribution problems throughout 2012, and new figures were difficult to find. Figures like the light-up Anakin Skywalker (MH19), Boba Fett and Sandtrooper were released officially overseas, but didn't make it onto store shelves in the United States in 2012.
Movie Heroes stand, die and game card
Each figure came with its own light brown/beige stand, a black die and a Galactic Battle game card. The game card featured a picture of the character on the front and game related points on the back. The stands had a slot in the back where a game card could be placed in.
Movie Heroes Store Displays, February 2012
Here is a look at the Toys'R'Us Star Wars set-up from January and February of 2012. The first picture shows how it was set-up in the front of the store.
Following pictures show the main aisle in the back of the store.
The next picture shows how Target stores reset their aisles in January 2012 to promote Star Wars toys.